Njena Redd Foxx
We are Rebel Angel + Be Pretty Revolutionary, and we're about kickin' ass and takin' names while looking like babes. We collect things that we find aesthetically inspiring, along with general life spam that doesn't fit on the Rebel Angel blog. Talk to us, we don't bite. Except for patriarchy, we bite that.
• rebel angel cosmetics
• the zine
• les anges revolutionnaire
• Speak your mind
“Tik Tok” by Ke$ha and “Come Together” by The Beatles mashup
I… I don’t know how I feel about this.
Reading the song title:
While listening to the song:
After listening to the song:
the gifs are so accurate.
… what. the. fuck. I was actually insulted that someone would do this but then I listened and… oh my lord.
((Wow… talented mixer…))
Your record for longest amount of consecutive days without dying has reached a personal best. Well done, you.
Literary Birthday - 4 April
Happy Birthday, Maya Angelou, born 4 April 1928
12 Remarkable Maya Angelou Quotes
- The honorary duty of a human being is to love.
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.
- Talent is like electricity. We don’t understand electricity. We use it. You can plug into it and light up a lamp, keep a heart pump going, light a cathedral, or you can electrocute a person with it.
- When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
- There’s a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure truth.
- My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.
- Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
- Life loves the liver of it.
- The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart.
- When you learn, teach, when you get, give.
- Some critics will write ‘Maya Angelou is a natural writer’ - which is right after being a natural heart surgeon.
Angelou is an American author and poet. She has published six autobiographies, five books of essays, and several books of poetry. Her career has spanned more than 50 years. She has received many awards and more than 30 honorary doctoral degrees. Angelou is best known for her series of autobiographies, which focus on her childhood and early adult experiences. The first, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, brought her international recognition and acclaim.
Source for Image